What are Strepsils Honey & Lemon Lozenges?
Strepsils Honey and Lemon provide fast, soothing and effective relief from pain caused by mouth and throat infections.
What causes mouth and throat infections?
The most common cause for pain in the mouth and throat are viral infections such as cold and flu. Bacteria can also be picked up in the environment and come into contact with our mouths through touching our mouth or eating food, which can cause a sore throat.
Symptoms of throat infections include.
- Pain in the mouth and throat.
- Pain that worsens with swallowing or talking.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Sore, swollen glands in the neck or jaw.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- White patches or pus on your tonsils.
- A hoarse or muffled voice.
Common infections and conditions that can cause sore throats:
- Common cold.
- Streptococcus pyogenes (a bacterial infection that causes strep throat).
- Glandular fever.
How can Strepsils Honey and Lemon help to soothe sore throats?
Strepsils lozenges contain two antiseptic ingredients:
These mild antiseptics kill bacteria associated with mouth and throat infections. The action of sucking the lozenge allows the active ingredients to cover the affected area, helping to lubricate scratchy throats and soothe pain.
Using Strepsils Throat Lozenges.
This product is for short term use only. If symptoms persist or become worse after 3 days, consult a doctor or a Chemist 4 U Pharmacist. You should take the lowest dose for the shortest necessary time to relieve your symptoms.
How to take the lozenges.
- Remove the foil blister pack from the cardboard carton.
- Pop one lozenge from the foil blister pack.
- Place lozenge onto tongue and allow it to dissolve slowly.